Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scrabble Tile Pendants?




Late February 2008: On the same day, for some odd reason, two unrelated people suggested Etsy was something to look in to. I had done pretty well selling my paintings on eBay, in galleries and local commissions. Etsy was becoming the new buzzword among artists/crafters. So in March I opened an Etsy shop selling my art and even some custom furnishings (only for a couple of weeks). After a few paintings had sold, Stef and I decided to look for something both she and I could do together. So we focused our efforts on something small - smaller than a postage stamp! We had about $15 in our pocket as funds were very tight and “invested” it into some scrapbooking paper and used Scrabble game pieces. So was the origins of the two of us working together making jewelry necklace pendants. On Cinco de Mayo 2008, HomeStudio, our home - now a studio, began its adventures in the world of Scrabble Tile Pendants.

We do need to publicly thank littleputbooks, and other forerunners for their ingenuity, drive and resourcefulness into this Scrabble world. Good karma to them always!

Mark+Stef
HS

No comments:

Post a Comment